DISCLAIMER

This website is not an official U.S. Department of State website. The views and information presented are the English Language Fellow's own and do not represent the English Language Fellow Program or the U.S. Department of State.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Willy's the Winner!

Hey, I just wanted to check in to let the faithful readers know that Deliwe and I have decided on a name for our new kitty. Willy. (Though, maybe we should call him "whiney" based on his behavior since we returned from the lake...) Ya, I know it's not a Chichewa name, but my boyfriend suggested it last week when we talked, and somehow it just seems to fit. The idea actually came from his tendency towards naming his cats after characters from 'The Simpsons,' which is also his favorite T.V. program. Bart and Homer have already been used, so Willy the Scottish janitor was one of the other candidates...seemed to fit better than Mr. Burns, Moe, Ned Flanders, or Krusty the clown... Of all the names we received, this one was the one both Deliwe and I liked best (though we also did consider Skippy, ironically...). So, the winner is Willy! (and my boyfriend... he'll get his prize when I come home to visit next month... that will be kept strictly confidential, of course ;-)

I also have news about our trip to the lake/Cape McClear this past weekend. It was wonderful, all went very well, but the after-effects of too much sun-exposure are taking their toll on me now. Most bothersome, of course, is the sunburn... ya, I should know better, and I was covered in sunscreen, but I'm very prone to sunburn, and just stayed out in it way too long (especially in the water, snorkeling, swimming, floating). So, both yesterday and today I've been in major pain, and also a bit sun-drained, so feeling extremely tired. This is one reason for my failure to post on Sunday, but more importantly, we were enjoying our stay so much that we left a little later in the afternoon, and didn't get back until around 8 p.m., so the free gin offer would be off if anyone had tried to claim it, though as usual, no one did... Whew! (again, the exceptions are computer issues and physical presence-- though I was here after 8 p.m., it was a bit too late to complete a detailed blog entry of my experiences, plus the fatigue issue, yadda, yadda, yadda.)

With that said, please oblige me in waiting one more day for the descriptions and pix of our trip. I'm just really exhausted, and had another very busy, VERY HOT day today. Thanks for waiting graciously and faithfully! Tiwonana mawa!

No comments: