DISCLAIMER

This website is not an official U.S. Department of State website. The views and information presented are the English Language Fellow's own and do not represent the English Language Fellow Program or the U.S. Department of State.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Not a 'real' post...Or is it?

Hey, just checking in... this is not a 'real' post, as now I'm actually doing this at a very late hour, but I'm concerned that someone might actually take me up on the free gin offer (again) for not posting yesterday or today. Yesterday (Friday, Nov. 9) the power actually went out here just as I was about to start writing, and tonight I just got started too late!

I've had a very busy day, starting with the beginnings of a small reading library project at the "Village to Village" Orphanage which I described in a much earlier post. It's a project I'm very excited about, and it's now underway... details to come tomorrow (hopefully). Deliwe and I then went to Limbe this afternoon for a small errand (buying an AC adaptor for a printer sent from the U.S., since I burned out the first one on the high-voltage input here.. Duh...), then off to Blantyre for lunch and a bit of shopping. We actually ran into a woman there... Kathleen, the Fullbright PhD candidate I believe I also mentioned in an earlier post. She just moved to Blantyre from Zomba for reasons both professional and personal, so of course we had to chat about that for awhile. By the time we got going, of course it was after dark, so we had the joy of the harrowing drive in the dark back to Zomba, where we stopped for Dinner, then on to Domasi...(though I'm finally getting used to being bullied to the edge of the road by huge trucks heading my way on very narrow roads, not to mention the continuous high-beam headlight blindness caused by drivers who turn them down at the last minute or not at all. Good times. Luckily, unlike some of my less-fortunate siblings, I have the night vision of an owl (most likely my spirit animal, but we'll touch on that another time).

Speaking of the owl, proof is in the hour (12:45 a.m.). I'm wide awake and in my office, rambling on this blog. It's the first night for awhile that my internet connection's been good, my computer's behaving, and there hasn't been a blackout...I even had a nice long 'Skype' convo. with my boyfriend, followed by my first visit to Facebook in a long while, featuring several interesting 'You Tube' videos sent to my 'Super Wall'-- had no idea all that stuff was on there-- Ya, there's a reason my name is JenX...TOO MUCH INFORMATION, runnin through my brain, too much information, drivin me insane! (Ah, in the words of my favorite band OF ALL TIME... remember who?)...

On that note, I'll sign off... hope to get 'caught up' with all the stories/pix tomorrow... Tiwonana Mawa!

***NOTE: Guess that turned out to be a 'real' post, after all... HA!

No comments: