DISCLAIMER

This website is not an official U.S. Department of State website. The views and information presented are the English Language Fellow's own and do not represent the English Language Fellow Program or the U.S. Department of State.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Still breathing...

Hey, I'm just checking in to let the faithful readers know that I am still living and breathing, but not completely healthy... It seems I've contracted a small infection resulting from swimming in wet clothing in the lake, and then sitting in that wet clothing too long. Because of this, I needed to see a doctor in Blantyre on Wednesday (after a bit of self-diagnosis on Web-MD... Great site, that one!) Things seem to be a bit better, but wanted to go in for a follow-up today, so I'm in a bit of a hurry, and may not make it back to post the details promised regarding our trip to the lake... SORRY! As you know, this has been a very difficult week. My day of mourning turned into a couple of days, though yesterday's lack of posting was due to a power outage here which lasted about 5 hours (from 5:30 p.m. when I planned to post, until about 10 p.m.)

So, I hope you can all understand and accept my infrequent and shorter postings this week. I'll also be in Blantyre tomorrow afternoon to attend a wedding celebration for the son of the secretary in my department at Chanco. If things end early enough, I should be able to post the lake stories tomorrow (along with some stories of the wedding). However, for now, I'll have to say that it's possible you may not hear from me again until Sunday.

Thanks again for your patience, and don't worry, you KNOW I'll make up for it with rambling details and fabulous pix!! Tiwonana tomorrow or Sunday!

No comments: