DISCLAIMER

This website is not an official U.S. Department of State website. The views and information presented are the English Language Fellow's own and do not represent the English Language Fellow Program or the U.S. Department of State.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

I'm back, but only for a moment...

I just wanted to check in to let the loyal M 'n M readers know that I'm still among the living. Life continues to hurl its euphoric (well, not completely) ups and relentless downs for me in Malawi. I had planned to chronicle it all here today, but have had a few internet/technical issues, so hopefully I can get it all out there tomorrow.

Something very shocking happened last night at my household (not quite as shocking as the Penga story, but equally disturbing). Other than that, things had been going a bit better, and we even had a lovely guest in our house by the name of Kate. She's an American here on a short-term research project with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP). Luckily, she stayed with us during the week after we lost Penga, so the house didn't feel so empty, and we had a great time together, seeing all the local sites together like typical Mzungu tourists. Ya, I needed that.

All the details to come very soon (and yes, those belated elephant pix!!). Tiwonana for now!

No comments: