DISCLAIMER

This website is not an official U.S. Department of State website. The views and information presented are the English Language Fellow's own and do not represent the English Language Fellow Program or the U.S. Department of State.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

It's Saturday! 2nd week over--whew!

So, Saturday is here, and as usual, I have more stories to tell, but I still haven't had a chance to write about my trip to Lilongwe on Thursday and Friday. I actually hoped to write about that, as well as my latest stories today, though I have limited time due to an unexpected visit at my house this afternoon, as well as the fact that I need to attend the "Principal's Dinner" this evening, so I only have about 15 minutes to write today.

So, I've decided to just focus on my trip to Lilongwe in this post, and then tell more about last night (Friday) and today (Saturday) in my post tomorrow, as I believe tomorrow will be relatively uneventful, as I'll be spending most of the day marking papers I need to complete for the class I'm scheduled to begin teaching at Chancellor College on Monday-- that is, if they don't have a teacher's strike. Ya-- I just found out yesterday from the instructor whose course I'm taking over that the instructors at Chancellor College submitted a written "warning" (I'm not sure if that's what they call it, but basically that's what it is...) that they plan to begin a strike this week, which means the classes will be called off for this coming week, and quite possibly for the week after that as well. In a way, this is good news for me, since the time I had to spend dealing with the car purchase took me away from planning the course, so at least it looks like I'll have more time to do that now.

Actually, in terms of work, things have been pretty low-key so far, as both colleges are in breaks at the moment. So, I'm spending a lot of time just getting to know the place, meet people, and starting to plan the courses I'll teach (though I haven't done too much of the latter yet.)

Hmmm... It looks like I only have about 3 minutes to complete this post before I have to walk back to my house to get ready for this dinner. So, I guess I'll need to save my stories of Thursday, Friday, and today for tomorrow's post. Get ready for a long one, with new pix as well!

Also, for those of you expecting an e-mail update each time I post, keep in mind that as of now I'm not sure how to set up the "automatic e-mail notification" for my new posts. This means that you'll just need to come back to the blogsite now and then to check out the new posts. I am adding a new one each day, which is my plan until my last day here (again, physical presence and technology/electricity permitting), so if you can check it everyday, you should find something new each time. Cool, huh? I think so! By the end, perhaps I'll have enough material for that book I've always wanted to write... We shall see...

So, Tayewana mawa! (I think that's see you tomorrow... 'mawa' is definitely 'tomorrow', but I'm not sure if I got the first part right... I'll let you know 'mawa'! ;-)

2 comments:

bob&suev said...

Your Blog looks great!

Bob V

Jen X said...

Thanks, Uncle Bob! Are you keeping up? ;-)