DISCLAIMER

This website is not an official U.S. Department of State website. The views and information presented are the English Language Fellow's own and do not represent the English Language Fellow Program or the U.S. Department of State.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Don't worry, I'm still here!!

Hello, all you truly faithful, checking every day, hour, minute and second for a new posting from Malawi 'n Me. We're both doing fine, btw (meaning Malawi 'n Me, if you didn't catch the little pun there). The major issue is my lack of convenient, fast internet access, which has limited my ability to properly update my faithful readers as to my latest adventures here. Among the issues are the fact that I need to drive 30 mins. to get to a computer with internet at my Chanco office. Once I arrive, I find that the connection and my laptop are very slow, and in order to take care of the things I need to do (update virus software, check e-mail, do my banking), it can take an exhorbitant amount of time. Not only that, but due to very heavy thunderstorms since I've come back, I often experience power outages and interruption of internet service here due to lightning strikes, etc.

So, there's my list of excuses for not keeping this blog more faithfully updated. I haven't lost faith, and I hope you haven't either. Today, I'd planned on uploading a video (thanks to the cool Christmas gift from my little sis Heather) I made yesterday of something VERY interesting on the campus at Domasi College. Unfortunately, the SLOW laptop situation will not allow me to do that today (since that's where the video is located), so I'll just have to leave a 'tease' for my faithful readers to tune in tomorrow when I hopefully can share the video with you. Most of you from North America will be shocked at what you see!

So, with that, I'll leave you to ponder the possibilites! Tiwonana MAWA!!

1 comment:

Mary Jane said...

So glad to hear that you are OK. the computer thing is apparently still a frustration for you since it is not 2/7. I just love your pictures. The beauty is quite surprising to me in many ways. Hope you are doing well.
love ya-
amj